Sizzling Summer Slimming BBQ Ideas
Just because you are watching your weight – your shouldn’t let this stop you enjoying a good BBQ. Try replacing the usual burger in a bun, with some of these delicious healthy BBQ alternatives. Can even be eaten when you are on the Clean 9.
(All approximately 400 calories each).
- Marinated BBQ grilled chicken (100g) with medium size baked potato and salad.
- 2 BBQ grilled stuffed peppers packed with cous cous and feta cheese plus salad garnish.
- BBQ grilled salmon (100g) marinated with garlic powder, pepper, soy sauce and Tabasco. Serve with salad or BBQ grilled vegetables.
- Tofu or chicken kebabs with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, peppers, courgettes and aubergine + 150g brown rice.
- BBQ grilled tuna steak (100g) served with cous cous (150g) and salad.
- BBQ grilled sirloin steak (100g) served with new potatoes (150g) and salad.
- Try to avoid high calorific dressings an mayonnaises.
And for dessert…
Pomesteen Power Sorbet
(Approximately 200 calories per serving)
Pomesteen Powerful is the ultimate antioxidant cocktail. It helps keep the immune system strong and healthy. It contains two of the most potent super fruits found in natures – pomegranates and mangosteens, plus a delicious blend of pear, raspberry, blackberry, blueberry and grapeseed extract. What better refreshing alternative to a calorie-laden dessert?
- 500ml/ 1 pint water
- 225g/ 8oz sugar
- 375ml/ ¾ pint of Pomesteen Power
- 225g/ ½ lb fresh blueberries
- 225g/ ½ lb fresh raspberries
- 2 egg whites
- 2 apples, peeled and slice
- Combine the water and sugar in a heavy based saucepan. Bring slowly to the boil to dissolve the sugar.
- When all the sugar has completely dissolved, boil the syrup rapidly for about one minute. Allow it to cool completely and then refrigerate until completely cold.
- Purée the blueberries, raspberries and apple slices in a food processor, sieving to remove the seeds if desired.
- Divide the cold syrup in 3 parts and mix each one with one of the fruit purées. Mix the cold syrup with the fruit purée. Add the 375ml of Pomesteen Power gradually whilst mixing.
- Freeze the fruit syrup until almost solid, about 2 hours then mix again in the food processor to break up the ice crystals. Freeze again separately until solid.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff. Process the sorbets again, and add the egg white to the sorbet mix.
- Pour the sorbet into a bowl or mould and freeze until firm.
- To unmould, dip briefly in hot water and invert on a plate.
- Serve with the prepared fruit.